Believe it or not, you can install halo headlights yourself! The latest aftermarket LED headlights from Oracle lighting, and some other brands, are made with DIY custom mod enthusiasts in mind. Even wiring the headlights is simple when you know what process to follow. This guide includes everything you need to know, in order to install new halo headlights on your vehicle. Please the following instructions provided by PMLIT
- Halo headlights
- Wire cutters
- 14 or 16-gauge wire in red and black
- Electrical tape
- Disconnects with full insulation
- Put all of the wires on the parking light end of the housing.
- Tape the wires and then cut the wires to size.
- Strip the wires to expose about 1/2 inch of bare wire.
- Gather all of the black wires and twist their ends. Place a connector on top of the wires. Crimp the wire at the spot where the metal is.
- Gather all of the white wires and twist their ends. Place a connector on top of the wires. Crimp the wire at the spot where the metal is.
- Secure the connectors with electrical tape.
- Cut a piece of red wire and black wire. Crimp and tape a female connector onto the red wire and a male connector onto the black wire.
- Connect the negative lead to the battery and turn the parking lights on. Use a voltmeter and the positive lead to find the wire that registers a voltage. This is the parking light wire.
- Disconnect the negative lead and turn the lights off.
- Trim some of the wire loom.
- Connect the blue line taps over the black wire, and then place the second wire in the other hole. Close the flap to make the connection.
- Repeat step 11 with the brown and red wires.
- Test your halo lights to make sure that they If they do not, check your connections and try again.
You can find halo headlights for your vehicle here at PMLIT.com. We carry replacement headlights from Oracle Lighting for virtually all makes and models, so check out our selection!